Our ISS Labour overhead line equipment (OLE) engineering team have recently been busy undertaking OLE sub-contract works on the West Coast Main Line (WCML) in the Northwest.
Our OLE division managed all works including fabrication and procurement of materials, supply of all OLE resources, supply and management of MEWP’s and crane.
Summary of works:-
• Return conductors removed from existing anchors on the bridge, cut back and installed on newly installed temporary anchors on 4 x structures
• RC to RC jumpers removed from existing bridge abutments
• RC’s temporarily routed / protected in each cess between OLE structures
• Bridge soffits drilled and bolts installed and with approved resin
• 16 x bolts pull tested
• 4 x Bridge Arms installed on existing bridge deck to register OLE under existing bridge
• OLE contact and contenary wires de-registered from 2 x existing OLE structures spanning the West Coast Main Line
• 2 x 4 track OLE structures removed using a monster crane
All works completed to a high standard without any accidents or incidents.
Colin Kelly our OLE Managing Director commented – “this is another important step in the expansion of our OLE Division in delivering complete packages of OLE works, our senior OLE team including project managers, engineering and construction managers have focused on this project and attention to detail was the key to a successful delivery”